Wednesday, December 11, 2013

【旅行】北インド 古都周遊の旅 その5

Siddattha tried to do ascetic activity so that he got understanding,
after Assaji died by letting wolves eat Assaji himself.
Siddattha was shocked and confused about the lives of beings.
and he started ascetic activity in cave for so long time.
but he was getting exhausted and thin as he almost die.

After then Sujata, she was the person who helped Siddhattha after his ascetic activity,
when got thin extremely and felt down in Sujata's village.
she provided him sweet rice gruel with some fruit, as known as kheer.
And he realized ascetic activity is no point.

Today, I went to the Sujata's village and the cave that Siddhattha was trying to
get understanding with ascetic activity.
that cave is called "Dhungeshwari", placed on the middle of hill, called "Pragbodhi hill".
After having lunch in same tibetan restaurant, I went to get rikshar.

Around Mahabodhi, there were many rikshar and cycle rikchar.
I tried to negotiated the price, going and coming back to Mahabodhi costed 350 RS,
I decided him.

First of all I went to Sujata village, It is very near from Mahabodhi,
it took just 15 min, but suddenly someone got on rikshar and talked to driver
about something, but I can understand simple Hindi so I found he was fake guide.
He spoke to me in Japanese

"にほんじんですかー"
"どこですかー? いんどはじめてですかー"
"あんしんしてー 僕お金関係ないねー"

I doubt Indian who speak to me in Japanese.
After getting to Sujata village he followed me with his annoying talking.
but I said soon, "I wanted to see it by myself,
I don't need your help and guide, don't follow me."
He was gone.

Sujata village(Sujata village is very small village)


Sujata Stupa



In Buddha Gaya, It is placed on Bihar, Bihar is the poorest state in India,
and the percentage of population that can understand letters is 45 %..
Therefore It is the most dangerous area in India,
In Mumbai some terrorists attacked Taji hotel, famous in luxury hotel,
there is a lot of wealthy Indian and foreign tourist.
The criminal was Biharee. my hostel mate said.

Then I was heading on Dhungeshwari, It is slightly far from Mahabodhi,
maybe it is 15 km far and it took 1 hour by riksha.
on the half way the road condition was very terrible.
I though riksha was about to be broken..

on the half way to Dhungeshwari


Finally I got to Dhungeshwari, but I didn't know how to get to hill,
because there is a lot of beggar and street children and not the route, just huge field..
I asked him to tell how to get to there but he was pointed the direction,
but there is no route..
Because there is out of choice, so I obeyed his advice,
then I found the route of the top of hill.

The entrance of Dhungeshwari


Half way

in front of cave

inside cave


from the top of hill



While I was going to Dhungeshwari, I saw a lot of beggar people.
I felt pain in my heart but this is one of the big problem that India is facing.

In front of cave there was small entrance.
I went inside, it was very dark and narrow, I guess at most 5 people is available to entry
at the same time, I prayed for a while.

then I went back to guesthouse to take a rest.
and I continued to see the temple that I missed yesterday.

sli lanka temple
 
taiwan temple

in the last, I visited Mahabodhi again.
Yesterday I could bring my camera inside temple without permission,
but today it is not allowed to go inside with camera..
so I took photo of Mahabodhi from outside..
but it was absolutely majestic as well.

lighten up Mahabodhi


Tomorrow I'll go back to Varanasi and stay 2 night.
because there is 3 trains for Khajuraho from Kolkata and Varanasi
in a week.

Phir Milenge