Monday, December 9, 2013

【旅行】北インド 古都周遊の旅 その3

Sarnath, There is the place that Siddhattha told his understanding at first.
Today, I went to Sarnath, one of my purpose of this journey had come true.

Sarnath

I got up slightly lately and had a breakfast on the roof of guest house.
I think the meal of Varanasi is not good, maybe there is exactly tourist place,
actually restaurant in Dehradun was more delicious and bigger potion
and cheaper than Varanasi.

roof of guest house

around Dashashwamedh

Dashashwamedh road

I could go through the Vishwanath market, because I've confirmed the way to
Dashashwamedh road, in Godowlia circus there was a lot of auto drivers,
they grabbed my arm to get me on their auto.
Because I never get on auto as long as the price has not decided.
I stared negotiation about price, but some of them could not understand English,
so I tried to negotiate in Hindi,

Kitne paisa he? mujhe Sarnath jana cahataa he.
but he looked like he could not understand.
suddenly the person who said that I'm nepali had come.
his price was just 300 RS.
so I've decided to ride his auto.

In half way to Sarnath, there was a heavy traffic jam and smog dust.
Though I wore a mask but it didn't work..
after 1 hour, I got to Sarnath.

There was a big garden and some kind of Buddhism temple.
First of all I went to garden, it has Ashoka's Pillar and Dhamekh Stupa.
after paying 100 Rs at entrance, I saw peaceful garden.
many people was relaxing, some monk was praying.
peaceful and calm atmosphere in there.

Ashoka's Pillar


Dhamekh Stupa

people at ease

The base of Ashoka's Pillar had saved perfectly, it had built approx 6 BC.
and Dhamekh Stupa is repairing now little bit, it had also built approx 6 BC.
but the pattern of them has left exactly.

after that I went to Mulgandha Kuti Vihar, it is new temple with a lot of flowers.
in side this temple, I saw the art that had drawn the life of Siddhattha.
besides the artist is Japanese! I was surprised and inspired!



inside Mulgandha Kuti Vihar



in front of deer garden
as known as the being that siddhattha told his understanding was deer.


Then i went to jainist temple, Archaeological Museum.
in Archaeological Museum it has strictly prohibited to take photo.
I've been checked my belongings 2 times before entering.

Thailand temple, Chaukhandi Stupa, nepali temple and Japanese temple.

Thailand temple (wat)



Chaukhandi Stupa


Japanese Temple

Visawa Shanti Temple


I visited all of them, I could feel Buddism world, though I know several form of temple,
Buddha's understanding is same for all Buddhist.
We have to pray and thing about world peace with his understanding.
auto driver sometimes guided for me about these places.
After going back to Varanasi, I paid small tip for him.

Christ church Gotowlia


At that time I was starving so much, so I looked for a restaurant.
in Bengali Tola Rd, I went to "Spicy Bites".
all in all it was not delicious..

after having lunch I walked around Ghat and avoided silly Indians.
maybe I was called 20 times about drug and sex shop.
It is also India hahaahaha. I know respectable Indians so I felt strong pity for silly people.

Tomorrow I have to get up 4 AM, so I have to confirm the way to the Varanasi
station, and sleep very early.
Finally I'm going to Buddha Gaya.

Phir Milenge